Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Employee Spotlight: Annette Cinelli Trossello

This month’s Employee Spotlight features PSG’s project manager/editor/mother/literature lover/aspiring writer/self-proclaimed irony expert. Seriously, don’t mention an unfortunate coincidence as being ironic, or I will call you out on it.

I’ve been with Publishing Solutions Group since 2008, and in the office I can often be found phoning clients, emailing freelancers and updating schedules. In addition to such project management responsibilities, I also work as an editor. While I have experience with a variety of subjects, English language arts is my favorite, which isn’t a surprise, considering I graduated from Assumption College with a bachelor of arts in English and a concentration in writing and mass communications. Of the dozens of jobs I’ve worked on at PSG, some of my favorites have been modernizing outdated leveled readers and editing passages and assessment items aligned to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).

Outside of the office, look for me at the library, park, swim class, New England Aquarium or the Discovery Museums with my active two-year-old son, Gabriel. After he goes to bed, I love to curl up with a book, whether it’s a new one for book club or one I’ve read multiple times. My favorites include J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series, Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife and Stephen King’s The Stand.

When an educational publishing editor marries a high-school chemistry teacher, education is a hot issue at home and work, which might explain why my husband, Andy, and I have already discussed when Gabriel should start kindergarten. Along with talking about education, we also enjoy watching our favorite TV shows (Modern Family and The Walking Dead), going to the movies (50 percent for the popcorn and previews, and 50 percent for the movie), and playing board games with family and friends. (I have a definite competitive streak.)

Twice a month, I meet with my writing critique group. I’m working on a new adult novel about a young woman forced to move from her apartment in Boston back to her parents’ house in idyllic small-town New Hampshire. Needless to say, shenanigans ensue! Other writers in the group are working on a variety of books, including an adult mystery novel, a young-adult road trip book and a middle-grade adventure series. Despite the different levels and subjects, the group’s members excel at giving constructive feedback and encouraging each other to keep writing. I’m hopeful that someday my book will be published.

Annette began working at PSG in February of 2008 and recently celebrated 6 years with the company.

Little-Known Facts About Annette

Annette once rickrolled the crowd at karaoke night. She began singing Bette Midler’s “The Rose,” but after the first two lines, she had the DJ switch it over to Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up.”

In college, Annette was inducted into the English honor society Sigma Tau Delta. At their annual conference in 2004, she presented a short story about her time studying abroad in Florence, Italy.

From 2005 to 2011, Annette wrote for The Pulse, a Worcester lifestyle and entertainment magazine. She wrote over 60 articles on a variety of subjects, including the importance of internships, being single in the city and the growing trends of brides to “trash the dress” after their weddings. She also established a book review column for which she wrote several reviews.




No comments:

Post a Comment